The "hotel per diem" is a limit placed on hotel spending based on city, state, and country. As an administrator, you can add to a list of hotel per diem limits, edit a list of per diem limits, define sets of these limits, and apply the sets to specific groups of users for rule enforcement, or to the Everyone group for everyone on the site.
Tip: For a description of groups, see Groups Tab for Managing Groups.
To set up hotel per diems, follow these general steps:
- Add or edit the hotel per diems lists on the Hotel Per Diem Management page. In this step, you add locations (cities, states, countries) with hotel per diem limits. See Defining and Managing Hotel Per Diem for instructions.
- Create one or more sets of hotel per diems that you can assign to one or more groups (or the Everyone group). See Defining and Managing Hotel Per Diem for instructions.
- Specify hotel policies in a list and create one or more sets of hotel policies that you can assign to one or more groups (or the Everyone group). See the Hotel Section in Adding or Editing a Travel Policy for instructions.
- Add hotel per diem sets and travel policies as service rules for one or more groups (or the Everyone group). See Enabling Travel Rules for instructions.
After setting up hotel per diems and policies, the user experience changes in the following manner:
- If a per diem has been defined but is not enforced: When a city is selected for travel, "Per Diem" appears in the results below the room rate. The user can hover over "Per Diem" to see the hotel per diem amount.
- If a per diem has been defined and also enforced: When a city is selected for travel that is out of policy, the Out of policy link appears in the results near the See room rates button. The user can hover over the Out of policy link to see the reasons. The user may also be restricted from selecting an out of policy offering.