The mobile rules enable or disable mobile app access for a group of users.
Tip: To learn how to set up and manage groups, see Groups Tab for Managing Groups.
Click the Mobile Rules link under the Rules tab. The Rules | Mobile Rules page appears. Each Group row shows the following in the Rule column:
- Add link indicates there is currently no mobile rule established for the group.
- Edit link in green indicates there is a mobile rule established for the group and it is active.
- Edit link in yellow indicates that although there is a mobile rule established for the group, it is inactive.
Tip: Groups are prioritized to decide which rule will be applied if a user is a member of more than one group. The Priority column appears to the left of each group. The lower the priority number (located at the top of the list), the higher the rule priority this group will have. The rule with the lowest priority will be applied to members of the group. If a user belongs to more than one group, the group with the lowest priority number (the one appearing closest to the top of the list) is chosen to govern the access and options available. To change the priority of a group, enter a number in the Priority column for the group, and click Save Priority Changes.
To add or edit mobile rules, follow these steps:
- Click the Add or Edit link in the Rule column for the group (either a named group, or the Everyone group).
- Enter or edit the Description that describes the intent of this rule, and click the Activate Rule checkbox to make the rule active.
- Scroll down to the “Then” section of the page, and click the Mobile Beta checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Note: To commit all of your changes after saving them, click the changes not applied link at the top of the page. The Commit Changes page appears. Click the Commit button.